Be ready with Google’s New Update “Page Experience” (2021)

Google has come up with a lot of updates before, but this time it’s a little different. This is the first time in history that Google has made it public before the launch of their update. This update is called Google Page Experience Update.

Page experience is a set of signals that measure how users perceive the experience of a conversation with a web page beyond the quality of its information. This Google Page Experience is a new ranking factor designed to evaluate web pages based on what experienced users perceive alongside the landing page. This means that if Google disables a site for users, they will not be able to rank those pages as they are now. On the other hand, searching for positive page experiences can increase rankings on search engine results pages.

Core Web Vitals is a set of user-centric metrics from around the world that reviews key aspects of page experience metrics. They measure web usage levels, inactivity and content loading as well as durability. This metrics fall under- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), First Input Delay (FID) and Comulative Layout Shift (CLS).
(Google Source: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9205520?hl=en)

This update is so important. As the brand grows, so does the traffic – it’s part of Google’s algorithm. We found out that approximately 5% have big well-known brands. The other 95% still sees an increase in traffic. What Google is doing is adapting the algorithm more closely to its mission of showing sites first, which users prefer. We’re guessing that Google is going to bring this update to rank the top sites, the sites that users like the most, and also the rankings of some sites that are easily accessible to everyone.

According to Google sources, this new update will be launched next year i.e. in 2021, so we can advise the experts that we have time so be prepared for this update and stay alert on your site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *